Premiership Riders’ Championship challenge for Lynn’s Thomas Jorgensen and Robert Lambert
- Credit: Ian Burt
In-form Thomas Jorgensen is out to impress in tonight's Premiership Riders' Championship (7.30).
Jorgensen is set for one of the biggest meetings of his career as he represents King's Lynn alongside Robert Lambert at the National Speedway Stadium in Manchester.
The Danish flyer is high on confidence after scoring 9+2 points in Wednesday's narrow home defeat to Rye House in the Stars' final meeting of the campaign. And despite facing tough competition against a star-studded field featuring the top two riders from all eight Premiership clubs, he is optimistic he can rise to the challenge.
'I'll just try to treat it like any other meeting,' Jorgensen said. 'It's top riders there, but it's a track I like and where I did well with King's Lynn, so I'll have a decent idea what set-up to use and I'll try to do my best.
'It's nice to get the chance to ride in a meeting like this.
You may also want to watch:
'I know I have the speed, and if I can get out the starts it will make my life a lot easier.'
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 8 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships