Powerful Rochford are too strong for the Bulls
BECCLES 12, ROCHFORD HUNDRED 25: Beccles went out of the RFU Intermediate Cup when they were beaten at the hands of Rochford, who killed the game off with a strong first half showing.
The home side were missing Hinsley, Sale and Veasey-Lark, who were replaced by Hewitt, Scotchner and Calver. They knew they would be in for a tough game with Rochford top of their league having lost only once this season.
Rochford started the game well and immediately had Beccles under pressure. Having quickly scored two tries they added a third, followed by a penalty whilst Maeer was in the sin bin to lead 18-0 at the interval.
Beccles rallied in the second half and put in a better performance. The forwards were driving the ball on well with the outstanding Rix showing some strong ball carrying skills.
Eventually, having pushed close to the opposition line, the ball was driven on from a line-out for the Beccles pack to surge over and Ling to touch down. The conversion was missed.
You may also want to watch:
Rochford responded with another try to make the game safe. But Beccles had the last word. The forwards again carried the ball close to the Rochford line where the ball was recycled well and fed out to Murray, who rounded a stretched defence to score under the posts. He converted his own try to complete the scoring.
Beccles are now left to concentrate on league action with a trip to Enfield Ignatian on Saturday.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall