Powerful Rochford are too strong for the Bulls
BECCLES 12, ROCHFORD HUNDRED 25: Beccles went out of the RFU Intermediate Cup when they were beaten at the hands of Rochford, who killed the game off with a strong first half showing.
The home side were missing Hinsley, Sale and Veasey-Lark, who were replaced by Hewitt, Scotchner and Calver. They knew they would be in for a tough game with Rochford top of their league having lost only once this season.
Rochford started the game well and immediately had Beccles under pressure. Having quickly scored two tries they added a third, followed by a penalty whilst Maeer was in the sin bin to lead 18-0 at the interval.
Beccles rallied in the second half and put in a better performance. The forwards were driving the ball on well with the outstanding Rix showing some strong ball carrying skills.
Eventually, having pushed close to the opposition line, the ball was driven on from a line-out for the Beccles pack to surge over and Ling to touch down. The conversion was missed.
You may also want to watch:
Rochford responded with another try to make the game safe. But Beccles had the last word. The forwards again carried the ball close to the Rochford line where the ball was recycled well and fed out to Murray, who rounded a stretched defence to score under the posts. He converted his own try to complete the scoring.
Beccles are now left to concentrate on league action with a trip to Enfield Ignatian on Saturday.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk