The Railway Tavern prepares for England v Croatia
- Credit: Archant
The landlord who has masterminded THE place to watch England's World Cup games said he is 'completely bowled over' by its success.
Paul Sandford has attracted worldwide attention after spending £5000 on a grandstand at the Railway Tavern in Dereham - renamed The English Tavern.
More than 500 fans have packed in for every game, creating a phenomenal atmosphere.
Mr Sandford has given more than 30 media interviews in the last two weeks, including for CNN and with Piers Morgan live on ITV.
Speaking as he made final preparations for the semi final with Croatia, he said: 'It's been absolutely crazy and we've done pretty well for little old Dereham.
You may also want to watch:
'I took over eight years ago and if someone then had told me we would have worldwide interest in what we were doing for the World Cup I would have said they were mad'!'
So what will the semi-final score be then?
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
'3-1 to England,' said Mr Sandford confidently. 'It's coming home!'