Skipper Lambert ruled out of Stars finale
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn finish their Premiership Supporters' Cup campaign with a trip to Poole on Wednesday night (7.30pm).
After losing to the reigning league champions in September, the Poultec Stars will want to bounce back and finish the year how they started it - beating Poole.
The Norfolk outfit have a growing injury list, though, with skipper Robert Lambert joining Danish duo Thomas Jorgensen and Michael Palm Toft on the sidelines after he aggravated a back injury over the weekend.
Stars will use rider replacement in place of Lambert, while seven-time British champion Scott Nicholls and flying Finn Tero Aarnio come in as guests at second string. Ulrich Ostergaard slots in at reserve.
Stars vice-captain Lewis Kerr said: "We are looking forward to going to Poole.
You may also want to watch:
"Some people say it is a nothing meeting, but as riders we still want to earn some money by doing what we do best and that is racing.
"Some of the boys have still got meetings in the Championship with the play-offs, so they will want to get some laps under their belts. I have still got some meetings left too and I am hopefully going to do an individual meeting as well. It is important for me to have a good end to the season. I have really got going for Lynn in the second half of the season and hopefully it puts me in the picture for 2020."
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
Pirates co-promoter Danny Ford has urged his side to atone for their performance in the play-off semi-final second leg at Ipswich when they lost after holding a 10-point advantage.
Ford said: "It was a disappointing night at Ipswich, but we've had time to reflect on it now and I want the boys to remind our supporters what they're really capable of tomorrow night. We're hoping to have a big crowd in, so I'm looking forward to seeing the riders remind everyone what they're really all about."
Poole: Brady Kurtz, Nico Covatti, Nicolai Klindt, Josh Grajczonek, Jack Holder, Tomas H Jonasson, Ricky Wells.
Stars: Robert Lambert R/R, Tero Aarnio, Erik Riss, Scott Nicholls, Craig Cook, Lewis Kerr, Ulrich Ostergaard.