Picture Gallery: Seventh heaven for Dereham Town as Magpies rout Ramblers
- Credit: IAN BURT
Dereham Town had a day to remember as they hammered a magnificent seven past Burnham.
As well as the goal glut, there was some icing on the cake for boss Matt Henman, who, as well as giving a debut to new signing from Lowestoft Michael Clunan, also had the boost of goalkeeper Andrew Wilton extending his contract for a further two years and Harry Barker signing a one-year deal.
Dereham made an early breakthrough, with Aaron Kay drilling home a 20-yard free-kick after he had been upended in the eighth minute.
Clunan played a neat ball to Craig Bussens who chested down and turned his man before setting up Scott Roberts to finish from 10 yards on 16 minutes. Burnham had an effort ruled out for pushing before Dereham struck again in the 33rd minute, Clunan planting a 25-yard drive into the roof of the net.
Clunan turned provider on 41 minutes when he fed Sam Borrer, who beat keeper Louis Godwin Green with a measured chip to put Dereham into a commanding lead.
You may also want to watch:
Toby Hilliard hit a curler just over the top before netting Dereham's fifth in the 49th minute.
Burnham's miserable afternoon continued when they were reduced to 10 men when skipper Kye Jude received a second yellow card with 20 minutes remaining. Goal number six came in the 78th minute after Mason and Bailey exchanged neat passes before releasing Hilliard who rounded the keeper before firing home his second of the game.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 8 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
With two minutes remaining Luke Bailey completed the rout.