Picture Gallery: Seventh heaven for Dereham Town as Magpies rout Ramblers

Dereham Town v Burnham Ramblers. Picture: Ian Burt

Dereham Town v Burnham Ramblers. Picture: Ian Burt - Credit: IAN BURT

Dereham Town had a day to remember as they hammered a magnificent seven past Burnham.

As well as the goal glut, there was some icing on the cake for boss Matt Henman, who, as well as giving a debut to new signing from Lowestoft Michael Clunan, also had the boost of goalkeeper Andrew Wilton extending his contract for a further two years and Harry Barker signing a one-year deal.

Dereham made an early breakthrough, with Aaron Kay drilling home a 20-yard free-kick after he had been upended in the eighth minute.

Clunan played a neat ball to Craig Bussens who chested down and turned his man before setting up Scott Roberts to finish from 10 yards on 16 minutes. Burnham had an effort ruled out for pushing before Dereham struck again in the 33rd minute, Clunan planting a 25-yard drive into the roof of the net.

Clunan turned provider on 41 minutes when he fed Sam Borrer, who beat keeper Louis Godwin Green with a measured chip to put Dereham into a commanding lead.

You may also want to watch:

Toby Hilliard hit a curler just over the top before netting Dereham's fifth in the 49th minute.

Burnham's miserable afternoon continued when they were reduced to 10 men when skipper Kye Jude received a second yellow card with 20 minutes remaining. Goal number six came in the 78th minute after Mason and Bailey exchanged neat passes before releasing Hilliard who rounded the keeper before firing home his second of the game.

Most Read

With two minutes remaining Luke Bailey completed the rout.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus