Picture gallery: Olympic Torch Relay passes through East and West Rudham successfully
Villagers turned out in force for the Olympic Torch Relay which made its way through West and East Rudham this afternoon.
There were five torchbearers for this leg of the Norfolk route.
John Beardsworth, 26, of Norwich, was the final person to run with the impressive Olympic Torch in East Rudham.
He said afterwards: 'It is a massive privilege. I'm over the moon to be part of it.'
Other torchbearers this afternoon were Carla Blundell, 15, of Norwich, James Pollard, 19, of King's Lynn, Stephen Hider, 29, of Cambridge, and Lisa Massingham, 36, of Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
The atmosphere in the two villages was buzzing and school children, grandparents and even dogs lined the verges and pavements.
Retired teacher, Jenny Stephens, 62, of East Rudham, said: 'I'm really impressed it has gone through our village. It is lovely seeing all the children out too. It has been fantastic.'
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 4 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
Heather McKimmom, 16, of East Rudham, said: 'I thought it was cool. It is exciting to see everyone.'