PICTURE GALLERY: Olympic Torch Relay attracts thousands in Lowestoft
THOUSANDS of people turned out in Britain's most easterly town to welcome the Olympic Torch to Lowestoft.
And the prestigious event has been hailed by town leaders, council chiefs and Waveney MP Peter Aldous as school children and families lined the streets to clap, cheer and support the torchbearers as they passed through the town.
Mr Aldous said: 'I think that the people of Lowestoft and Waveney did take up the rallying call and turned up in droves for what was a very successful event.'
Among those that carried the torch was Eddie Graver, of Beccles, who ran along Lowestoft's High Street and Rant Score.
Eddie, 18, said: 'It was absolutely amazing, it was honestly breathtaking.
You may also want to watch:
'When I was running it was wonderful to hear my friends and family all calling and waving to me.'
The sixth form student at Sir John Leman High School and junior British Champion pistol shooter added: 'And I've got an Olympic torch on me to remind me of the part I have played.'
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover