Photo gallery: The highs and lows of the London 2012 Olympics so far
Pain, joy, disappointment, tension and relief - so far at the London 2012 Olympics we've seen the full spectrum of emotions.
From the celebratory atmosphere of Danny Boyle's opening ceremony on Friday night and the shock at Mark Cavendish missing out on a medal in the men's cycling road race the next morning, our home Olympics has been a roller-coaster ride already.
That ride reached new heights yesterday when Helen Glover and Heather Stanning bagged Team GB's first gold medal in style, in the women's rowing pairs.
The EDP and Norwich Evening News has been able to bring our readers all the highs and lows so far through the lenses of our photographer Nick Butcher and the words of sports reporter Michael Bailey, who are both based in Stratford for the Games, as one of just seven regional newspapers to have gained accreditation for both a photographer and a reporter.
Here we have brought you some of Nick's favourite photos of the Games so far as he completes what he describes as a 'life-long ambition'.
You may also want to watch:
'I feel lucky and privileged to have been given this chance,' Nick said. 'It's been hard work getting around because you are always going from place to place, so we are not seeing a lot of the Olympic Park, but it's been great.
'Seeing Anthony Ogogo win in the boxing on Saturday morning was good and the opening ceremony was amazing, even though I was up in the Gods a bit!'
- 1 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 8 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- To see a photo gallery of Nick's photos, click the link at the top-right of this page.