Photo gallery: Stone at the double as Gorleston beat Great Yarmouth Town in Norfolk Senior Cup derby clash

Action from the Norfolk senior Cup quarter final match between Gorleston and Yarmouth.Nathan Stone s

Action from the Norfolk senior Cup quarter final match between Gorleston and Yarmouth.Nathan Stone scores the 4th goal. - Credit: Nick Butcher

Gorleston booked their place in the semi-finals of the Norfolk Senior Cup after overcoming East Coast rivals Great Yarmouth Town 4-1.

The Greens opened the scoring on 18 minutes as Nathan Stone raced onto a through ball from hosts' captain Andy Howell and slotted under the onrushing Yarmouth keeper Danny Cable.

Ten minutes later the lead was doubled as a diagonal ball from Howell found Bradley Hough wide on the left, and despite his initial slip, the winger was able to pick out Chris Sandford who drilled home.

The Greens secured the win with two further goals within two minutes; Keegan Middleton's free-kick, won after Hough was felled by Luis Lope wide on the left, evaded everyone except Stone, who had the simplest of finishes at the far post.

Hough got his name on the scoresheet, slotting home from a tight angle after a positive run on the left.

Mitch Forbes pulled one back for the Bloaters on the stroke of half-time, capitalising on poor defending to round host keeper Elliot Pride and slot past the covering defender Dave Hinton.

The remaining quarter-finals are this week, with King's Lynn Town entertaining Acle United and Wroxham at home to Diss tomorrow (both 7.45pm kick-offs), and Cromer Town at home to Norwich City on Thursday (7.30pm).

Most Read

In Thurlow Nunn Premier Division action, Norwich United slipped at up Brantham Athletic, going down 2-0, while Thetford Town were beaten 2-1 at home by Walsham-le-Wollows and Mildenhall crashed to a 4-1 home defeat by leaders Hadleigh United, who were racking up their eighth successive win.

Kirkley & Pakefield's game at home to Brightlingsea was postponed,

Haverhill Rovers have taken over second spot after beating Newmarket Town 2-1 – and they travel to Gorleston next weekend.

It was a good day for new Woodbridge Town manager Lee Elliston. Rock bottom Woodpeckers gained only their second win of the season and their first away from home after leaving FC Clacton with a 3-2 win.

In the First Division, Fakenham Town had a good 2-0 win at Long Melford, thanks to goals from James Page, just before half-time, and Kyle Plumb (74).

Two places and six points behind are Swaffham Town, who beat March Town United 2-0, while Dereham Town Reserves went down 3-0 at home to Whitton United and Downham Market were thrashed 6-1 at home by Ipswich Wanderers, who are ahead of Swaffham on goal difference – the pair come face to face at Ipswich next weekend.

Rory Harper broke the deadlock for Swaffham after 30 minutes, taking on and beating the left full-back and curling the ball around the keeper.

The Hares kept the defence tight making it through to half time without further loss, but Harper made it two in the opening minutes of the second half. Further chances arose but the Pedlars were unable to convert, sound keeping by March leaving the margin respectable.