Photo gallery: Norfolk’s Winter School Games get off to a flying start - ski-slope style
The sun may have been beaming down on them but that didn't stop youngsters across the county from donning their ski-wear for the start of this year's Norfolk Winter School Games.
Day one's action kicked off today at Norfolk Snowsports Club, in Trowse, with over 60 youngsters competing in the skiing from various School Sports Partnerships around the county.
North Norfolk SSP came out on top in the team relays with a close win over Norwich East SSP.
This year 2,500 young people will compete in the week's activities, which will run every day next week.
The games, which include a winter and summer event, is part of the national Sainsbury's School Games initiative.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Jones, director of Active Norfolk, said: 'This promises to be a great week of sport where hundreds of young people take part each day, a real demonstration of the activities happening in schools year-round.
'There is always great support from parents who come along to cheer their children on.'
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash