Photo gallery: Norfolk make winning start to Aegon Summer County Cup at Cromer
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk's men began County Week with a 5-4 win over a strong Berkshire team at Cromer Lawn Tennis & Squash Club.
Leading 2-1 and 4-2 after the opening rounds, Norfolk needed just one match from the remaining three to clinch victory.
Harry Weeds and Richard Bloomfield delivered the goods, completing a perfect day as a pair and sealing a 5-4 win to get Norfolk off to the ideal start in Group Two of the Aegon Summer County Cup.
Weeds and Bloomfield came through a tight match early on and James Auckland and Barry Fulcher added the second rubber. Debutant Tom Fisher replaced an injured Dan Wynne to partner Nicky Crawley but the pair were unable to add to the Norfolk total.
The top two pairs supplied another win each before Weeds and Bloomfield secured the vital fifth rubber.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk face rivals Suffolk today but will have to do so without the services of James Auckland. He will replaced by the arriving Jonny Wynne.
Play gets under way at 10.30am and entry for spectators is free.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos