Photo Gallery: Nick Earl wins City of Norwich Half Marathon
Nick Earl led an impressive clean sweep as the host club dominated the 28th running of the annual City of Norwich Half Marathon at a windswept Royal Norfolk Showground this morning.
The 28-year-old broke clear just past the 11-mile mark of the Larking Gown sponsored event and had over a minute in hand at the end as he won in a time of 73 minutes and 34 seconds.
His nearest challenger was young City of Norwich AC colleague Martainn Ramsay who posted 74 minutes 48 seconds in the testing conditions while a third home runner, Joshua Entwhistle, was third (74.59).
Visiting runner Darren Southcott of Woodford Green AC was fourth, with yet another CONAC competitor, Matthew Bidwell, completing the top five.
Daisy Glover of Ely Runners won the women's race in a time of 80 minutes 13 seconds, with defending champion Sarah Stradling of Colchester Harriers 25 seconds behind in second.
With conditions perhaps being a factor the starting numbers were well down on last year, with 2,180 runners starting the race from a full entry of 3,000.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 5 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 6 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 7 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 8 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 9 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed