Photo Gallery: Nick Earl wins City of Norwich Half Marathon
Nick Earl led an impressive clean sweep as the host club dominated the 28th running of the annual City of Norwich Half Marathon at a windswept Royal Norfolk Showground this morning.
The 28-year-old broke clear just past the 11-mile mark of the Larking Gown sponsored event and had over a minute in hand at the end as he won in a time of 73 minutes and 34 seconds.
His nearest challenger was young City of Norwich AC colleague Martainn Ramsay who posted 74 minutes 48 seconds in the testing conditions while a third home runner, Joshua Entwhistle, was third (74.59).
Visiting runner Darren Southcott of Woodford Green AC was fourth, with yet another CONAC competitor, Matthew Bidwell, completing the top five.
Daisy Glover of Ely Runners won the women's race in a time of 80 minutes 13 seconds, with defending champion Sarah Stradling of Colchester Harriers 25 seconds behind in second.
You may also want to watch:
With conditions perhaps being a factor the starting numbers were well down on last year, with 2,180 runners starting the race from a full entry of 3,000.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 9 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 10 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront