Photo gallery: King’s Lynn Town players on the right track as pre-season training begins
- Credit: IAN BURT
King's Lynn Town's players were put through their paces on Saturday during the club's first pre-season session of the summer.
The Linnets begun tough preparations for their first tilt at Step Three of the non-league ladder with a gruelling work out at Lynn's King Edward VII School (KES). Boss Gary Setchell was delighted with his troops' efforts and admits he was even happier with how they had kept themselves in shape since the end of the 2012/13 title-winning campaign.
He said: 'We had a few lads on holiday, a few lads at weddings, but nothing major. It was a really good turn-out from the first team and reserves.
'The lads have come back almost match fit which was very pleasing. People like Jason Lee have worked so hard over the summer. He's been doing boxing, and training for Strictly Come Dancing or the like, and he looks like a new man. His body shape is totally different and he looks very fit.'
Plenty of running around the school's athletic track, as well as circuits and ball work greeted Lynn's players – who were joined by summer signings Andy Hall and Ryan Clarke.
You may also want to watch:
Setchell added: 'They fitted in very well as we've got a great group of lads at the club. All new players are made to feel more than welcome and we started where we've left off. There's a great atmosphere and everyone has realised we've got to work even harder this year just to get any sort of reward.'
Richard Bunting and Stuart Wall continued their rehab as they look to complete their comebacks from injury.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain