Photo gallery: King’s Lynn Sunday League round-up: Terrington win Division One, FANG lift county cup

The Terrington players celebrate winning the King's Lynn Sunday League Division One. Picture: Ian Bu

The Terrington players celebrate winning the King's Lynn Sunday League Division One. Picture: Ian Burt - Credit: IAN BURT

It was a champagne weekend for Division One champions Terrington – as they completed an unbeaten league season – and FANG who won the county cup.

The title-winners secured their 'invincible' status with a 3-1 home victory over rivals England's Hope. Dean Twaite-Smith, Neil Goodbourn and Simon Bird scored for Terrington, who become the first club since the now-defunct Globe Bowls in 2009/10 to lift the crown without defeat.

A perfect home record of six wins – at a Rec ground where player/manager Gavin Caney is yet to lose a competitive game since taking charge of the side two seasons ago – mixed with three away wins and three draws will see them win the title by a minimum of eight points.

Terrington conceded just their 14th goal in 12 games – the best record of all of the teams in the league's two divisions – when Michael Chow converted a second-half penalty. Hope's Dean Jimson was sent off for violent conduct at 2-1. The Marshland-based side had a chance of winning the title until their defeat at home to Terrington last week but could now, if results go against them, finish as low as fifth – or as high as second – in the eight-team division.

Over in Norwich, there were similar trophy-winning celebrations as FANG edged out Belton 2-1 to lift the Norfolk Junior Cup after a thrilling final.

Swaffham Town striker Alex Vincent gave the Lynn Division Two club the lead before Belton drew level. Colin Buffham's glancing header put FANG in dreamland in extra time before Harry Cunliffe was sent off for a professional foul to give away a late penalty.

'Keeper Joe Simpson grabbed his chance to become the hero as he saved the spot-kick on his way to picking up a deserved man of the match award as he helped FANG hang on to clinch their first ever county-cup crown.

Most Read

Elsewhere, White Bell won just their second Division One game of the season to all-but end their relegation fears. A 9-3 annihilation of Wisbech CP8 means that with just one game left Bell must avoid defeat by 42 goals or more against Hope to stay up. Simon Rose (5), John Sykes (2), Martin Rooney and Matt Willis scored in the rout.

In the Cherrington Cup, Chilvers overcame a resilient Lynn Napier 2-1 to reach their third final of the season. Danny Jezeph and Wayne Turvey netted for the victors, Stuart Bunting replied for Nap.

Maltings also made history at the weekend by beating Fowler 4-1 in the Division Two Knockout Cup last four to reach their first final. Steven Reeve scored for Fowler. But goals from Dion Cuthbert (2) and Corey Brady (2) saw Maltings through to this weekend's final, against FANG, at Fakenham Town's ground (1.15pm kick-off).

Before their clash takes place, Terrington face Chilvers in the Division One Knockout Cup (10.30am) at Clipbush Park.