Photo Gallery: Kelly has his eyes on seaside double
Shane Kelly could be the man to follow on day two of Great Yarmouth's June meeting.
The Newmarket-based jockey may not win the jockeys' championship, but he is an accomplished horseman and could well land a double aboard Red Riverman (2.10) and Whitby Jet (2.40) from his only two rides.
Meanwhile the Andrew Haynes-trained Sea Poet is given a chance in Great Yarmouth Sealife Centre Selling Stakes (3.15). He put in a decent performance over five furlongs at Goodwood last time out when staying on well to finish second and hopefully this step up in trip will see him go one better.
Ming Meng could be the one to follow in the Seal Sanctuary Winterton Fillies' Handicap (3.50). This filly has been reported to have wintered well and after a good seasonal debut, when finishing just out of the places at Doncaster in April, looks primed for a big run with Hayley Turner aboard.
The Jim Boyle-trained Marcus Antonius is given a chance in the Merrivale Model Village Great Yarmouth Handicap (4.25). This four-year-old gelding is developing into a decent stayer and deserves a change of luck after running with credit from each of his three runs this season.
You may also want to watch:
Colzium is a speculative selection for the digibet.com Handicap (5.00). This gelding has little form to justify selection but after qualifying for a low handicap mark on his seasonal debut Colzium looks well capable of improvement with this step up in trip.
The Peter Chapple-Hyam-trained, Toucan Tango has chances in the Injured Jockeys Fund Handicap (5.30). This gelding warmed up for this contest after staying on strongly to finish second at Leicester last month and is taken make that experience count. In what looks another tricky three-year-old contest to solve, keep an eye out for any market moves for handicap debutants Thymesthree and Cotton Grass.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars