PHOTO GALLERY: Holt’s adult day service makes a mile of bunting to celebrate jubilee and Olympics
A nibble-fingered team from Holt have been busy creating a mile of bunting made up of 5,000 individual flags ahead of the jubilee and Olympic celebrations.
Members of the Georgian town's adult day services centre on Charles Road have put their heads together with a team of volunteers to create the traditional decoration.
Support worker Amy Taylor said the project had brought out 'real community spirit' and praised the hard work of everyone who had been involved.
'We started making the bunting at the beginning of February after appealing to locals to donate unwanted material,' she said.
'The members have thoroughly enjoyed it. They have been drawing around a triangle and cutting them out to make the flags. Some members have also learnt to sew.'
You may also want to watch:
The flags will be put up around the town centre for the Diamond Jubilee celebrations this weekend and will remain until after the Olympic torch comes through Holt on July 4.
? To view an online photo gallery of the team hard at work please click the link in the top right-hand corner.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival