Photo gallery: From the archive - Norwich City V Stoke City over the years
Here is a look back at our archive photo collection of Norwich City V Stoke City ahead of their game Saturday 3 Nov, 3:00pm
City have recorded two impressive home wins against Stoke; in March 1963 they won 6-0 and in August 1980 by 5 goals to 1. City, then in Division 2, beat Stoke, in Division 1, in the third round of the 1982 FA Cup. In the 2003-04 season Norwich beat Stoke 1-0 on 27 March, earning promotion at season's end.
Our earliest photos are from a Division 1 clash on 30th August 1972. City won 2-0.
You may also want to watch:
Our next photos were taken at a Division 1 game on 16th August 1980, when City won 5-1 – though they were relegated at the end of the season. Our final match was played on 2nd December 1995, when City lost 0-1.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit