Photo Gallery: FA Cup First Qualifying Round replay: King’s Lynn Town 2, Daventry Town 3 (after extra time)
Lynn crashed out of the FA Cup after 120 bizarre minutes of football at The Walks tonight.
Three own goals, including a decisive one from Lynn's Phil Gulliver in extra-time, settled a topsy-turvey first qualifying round replay at The Walks which Gary Setchell's side should have had wrapped up before the drama even unfolded.
The visitors had gone in front through Mykel Beckley's cool finish after Lynn had missed a host of chances. But Lynn regained control when Daventry centre-back Guy Sanders amazingly turned through his own net twice.
Yet, just like Saturday's 1-1 draw, an injury-time penalty equaliser, this from Town's Jamie Gould not Lynn's Jason Turner, forced the cup tie to continue. And it did for an extra 30 minutes allowing Gulliver to deflect Beckley's cross into his own net and end the scoring.
The Linnets missed a host of chances, even after the match's fifth goal, during the replay as they racked up a fourth game without scoring in open play. Much like Saturday, Lynn dominated much of the match, but failed to find their shooting boots.
Gulliver, Turner, more than once, and the electric Steve Spriggs all went close before it started raining goals. The best chance fell to Dan Quigley who screwed horribly wide when presented with an open goal just past the half hour.
In a carbon copy of the game at Communication Park, Daventry improved after the break and took the lead through Beckley's cool finish just before the half-hour mark.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 3 Met Office to build 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar after winning appeal
- 4 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 5 7 riverside walks to try in Norfolk with a pub pit stop
- 6 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 7 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 8 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
- 9 Platform offering stunning views of north Norfolk coast reopens
- 10 Police officer sacked for dishonesty gets job back after appeal
And Lynn's frustration grew as Turner, namely, and Spriggs continued to spurn chances. The former even hit the post with a spectacular scissor kick. But not many could have expected what was set to unfold as Darran Foster's Northamptonshire outfit sealed their place in the next round and a match at Blue Sqaure North high-fliers Brackley Town.
King's Lynn: Street, Buhlemann, Gulliver, Fryatt, Lee, Spriggs, Bunting, Quigley, Thurlbourne, Beaumont (Forshaw, 53), Turner. Subs not used: Hughes, McLeish, Ward, Johnson. Goal: Sanders o.g (67, 85)
Daventry: Morris, Simpson, Gould, Sanders, Cartwright, Oulton (Gearing, 65), A.King (McCreadie, 75), N.King, Cross (Blake, 88), Beckley, Confue. Subs not used: Holford, Dempsey. Goal: Beckley (57), Gould (penalty, 90+5), Gulliver o.g (100)
Referee: G. Sprague