Photo gallery: Dereham Town concede late in 1-0 home defeat to Needham Market
- Credit: IAN BURT
Dereham Town's six match unbeaten run came to an abrupt end last night after defeat at home to Needham Market.
Despite the result Dereham started well with Nicky Howell, Shaun Bammant and Luke Tuttle all forcing the visitors' keeper into action early on.
While on top in the game Dereham were left aggrieved after 31 minutes when Ian Westlake only received a booking for his angry reaction after being bought down by Olly Willis.
Soon after Ryan Hawkins wasted the hosts' best chance of the first half after deciding to shoot despite having unmarked options on either side.
Henman's side picked up where they left off second half, but still couldn't make their pressure tell, despite a string of chances.
You may also want to watch:
With 25 minutes to play the visitors switched formation from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 and for the first time in the game began to dominate proceedings, with Needham striker Russell Malton providing a headache for the Magpies' defence.
Seven minutes from time Dereham were made to pay the price for being wasteful in front of goal when Malton finished off an excellent Needham move, sealing a hard-fought win for Steve Foley's side.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving