Photo gallery: Dereham Town concede late in 1-0 home defeat to Needham Market
- Credit: IAN BURT
Dereham Town's six match unbeaten run came to an abrupt end last night after defeat at home to Needham Market.
Despite the result Dereham started well with Nicky Howell, Shaun Bammant and Luke Tuttle all forcing the visitors' keeper into action early on.
While on top in the game Dereham were left aggrieved after 31 minutes when Ian Westlake only received a booking for his angry reaction after being bought down by Olly Willis.
Soon after Ryan Hawkins wasted the hosts' best chance of the first half after deciding to shoot despite having unmarked options on either side.
Henman's side picked up where they left off second half, but still couldn't make their pressure tell, despite a string of chances.
You may also want to watch:
With 25 minutes to play the visitors switched formation from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 and for the first time in the game began to dominate proceedings, with Needham striker Russell Malton providing a headache for the Magpies' defence.
Seven minutes from time Dereham were made to pay the price for being wasteful in front of goal when Malton finished off an excellent Needham move, sealing a hard-fought win for Steve Foley's side.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed