Photo gallery and video: City of Norwich Half Marathon 2015
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
The 31st edition of the City of Norwich Half Marathon has been completed smoothly, despite a dusting of overnight snow and icy conditions greeting competitors this morning.
Over 2,230 runners lined up at the start line at the Norfolk Showground for the race's first year with a new course, dropping it's two-lap format for a one-lap course.
The race, again sponsored principally by Norwich chartered accountants Larking Gowen, went through Easton and Colton before heading towards Honingham and looping back round towards Barnham Broom and then through Marlingford to return to the showground.
Adrian Mussett of Colchester Harriers was the first person to cross the line, finishing the 13.1 miles in one hour, nine minutes and 46 seconds – to claim the event's winner's medal for the fifth time.
He was followed by City of Norwich AC (CoNAC) duo Piers Arnold, in 01:10.14, and Matthew Bidwell, 25 seconds further back.
The first woman to finish was Helen Davies of Ipswich Jaffa, previously known for her success using her maiden name, Decker.
You may also want to watch:
The 36-year-old represented England in the marathon in the Commonwealth Games in India in 2010, having finished as the second English lady in the London Marathon.
The Ipswich athlete finished in 24th overall, ahead of last year's winner Sarah Stradling, who finished in 01:21.59 in 46th overall to miss out on her sixth win. CoNAC's Charlotte Rose was the third woman home, in 53rd place, in 01:23.31.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 9 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 10 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
For more details and reaction from the winners, see tomorrow's Eastern Daily Press or Norwich Evening News.