Photo galleries: Big Rugby Day event proves a big success for Norfolk clubs
- Credit: Steve Adams
Seven Norfolk cup finals were settled on a glorious day for rugby in the county at Crusaders RUFC yesterday, at the inaugural Woodforde's Big Rugby Day.
Hundreds of rugby fans descended on Little Melton for the event, which enjoyed temperatures of over 20C to help create real festival feel to the day.
North Walsham were the victors in the showpiece Senior Cup final, beating Diss 40-0 to emphasise their dominance in the area and retain the trophy.
Earlier in the day the Bowl final for second XV teams was won by Holt Owls, beating North Walsham Raiders 33-19 in a competitive encounter.
The third XV Salver final saw Diss beat Norwich 34-0 and the Touch Cup final was won by Norwich O2, beating North Norfolk Nomads 10-2.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham lifted the Plate after a close battle with the University of East Anglia, winning 24-16, and there was an upset in the Junior Cup final when Thetford beat higher-level Lowestoft &Yarmouth 26-13 in impressive style.
The first Women's Senior Cup final was won by Wymondham Wasps, after UEA had to concede the game, leaving Wasps to play a match amongst themselves as they celebrated finishing second in Women's NC South-East North One this season.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
See a photo gallery of the action above and send your photos or videos into firstname.lastname@example.org. See tomorrow's Eastern Daily Press or Norwich Evening News for a full report from the event.
Highlights from the Big Rugby Day, and full coverage of the Senior Cup final, will be broadcast on Mustard TV at 7.30pm on Wednesday night.
You can watch the coverage on Freeview channel seven or Virgin Media channel 159, and the programme will also be available on-demand at mustardtv.co.uk.