Photo galleries: Big Rugby Day event proves a big success for Norfolk clubs
- Credit: Steve Adams
Seven Norfolk cup finals were settled on a glorious day for rugby in the county at Crusaders RUFC yesterday, at the inaugural Woodforde's Big Rugby Day.
Hundreds of rugby fans descended on Little Melton for the event, which enjoyed temperatures of over 20C to help create real festival feel to the day.
North Walsham were the victors in the showpiece Senior Cup final, beating Diss 40-0 to emphasise their dominance in the area and retain the trophy.
Earlier in the day the Bowl final for second XV teams was won by Holt Owls, beating North Walsham Raiders 33-19 in a competitive encounter.
The third XV Salver final saw Diss beat Norwich 34-0 and the Touch Cup final was won by Norwich O2, beating North Norfolk Nomads 10-2.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham lifted the Plate after a close battle with the University of East Anglia, winning 24-16, and there was an upset in the Junior Cup final when Thetford beat higher-level Lowestoft &Yarmouth 26-13 in impressive style.
The first Women's Senior Cup final was won by Wymondham Wasps, after UEA had to concede the game, leaving Wasps to play a match amongst themselves as they celebrated finishing second in Women's NC South-East North One this season.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
See a photo gallery of the action above and send your photos or videos into email@example.com. See tomorrow's Eastern Daily Press or Norwich Evening News for a full report from the event.
Highlights from the Big Rugby Day, and full coverage of the Senior Cup final, will be broadcast on Mustard TV at 7.30pm on Wednesday night.
You can watch the coverage on Freeview channel seven or Virgin Media channel 159, and the programme will also be available on-demand at mustardtv.co.uk.