Norwich man to represent Britain in World Gliding Championships
- Credit: Archant
A man from Norwich has been chosen to represent Team GB in the Junior World Gliding Championships (JWGC) this summer.
Peter Carter, 23 from Norwich has been confirmed in the British team line up for the JWGC's in Hungary this summer.
He was first introduced to gliding by his dad at the age of 13 and immediately became more and more passionate about the sport.
British Gliding team manager, Graham Garnett said: 'Many will go on to represent their nation as seniors' - something which Peter hopes to achieve someday.
For now, Peter just 'wants to carry on flying' and is preparing for the upcoming competition this summer.
You may also want to watch:
When asked about why he likes gliding so much Peter said: 'It is the freedom which comes with the sport and the exhilaration.'
Peter's passion has pushed him to compete in this sport, instruct in New Zealand and also study Mechanical Engineering at Loughborough University.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed