Norwich man to represent Britain in World Gliding Championships
- Credit: Archant
A man from Norwich has been chosen to represent Team GB in the Junior World Gliding Championships (JWGC) this summer.
Peter Carter, 23 from Norwich has been confirmed in the British team line up for the JWGC's in Hungary this summer.
He was first introduced to gliding by his dad at the age of 13 and immediately became more and more passionate about the sport.
British Gliding team manager, Graham Garnett said: 'Many will go on to represent their nation as seniors' - something which Peter hopes to achieve someday.
For now, Peter just 'wants to carry on flying' and is preparing for the upcoming competition this summer.
You may also want to watch:
When asked about why he likes gliding so much Peter said: 'It is the freedom which comes with the sport and the exhilaration.'
Peter's passion has pushed him to compete in this sport, instruct in New Zealand and also study Mechanical Engineering at Loughborough University.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street