Perfect end to a successful season
Royal Norwich ladies have rounded off a year of success with victory in the Norfolk Scratch League.
The team was drawn from a squad of five players and they won all four of their matches in Division One, dropping just a half point in the whole series.
Playing at home they beat Barnham Broom and Hunstanton both 3-0. Away, they defeated Costessey Park 3-0 and Eaton 2�-�
The squad was Nickie Clarke, Rebecca Heeles, Jenny Hide, Sadie Lines and Sam Martin. Ladies' captain Cherry Bishop said: 'This was a truly sparkling performance and was a fitting end to a very successful season.'
During the year, Hide became the youngest ever Norfolk champion, Heeles won the county girls' championship for the fourth successive time, Lines won the inaugural over 65s trophy at the county seniors' championship, while Martin and Heeles won all their matches, all away from home, to win the Carrick Cup, the inter-club scratch knockout. At the other end of the spectrum, Jacky Pett, playing off 36, won the Division Four trophy with 46 points.
Bishop added: ' I am thrilled that our girls have risen to some tough challenges and proved themselves to be the best in Norfolk in the most prestigious scratch events.'
Royal Cromer won the Scratch League's Division Two, also with a perfect record of four wins. Ryston Park, who won three matches and halved the fourth, topped Division Three.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 3 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 4 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 5 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 6 Norfolk worst area in UK for uninsured and untaxed drivers
- 7 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 8 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 9 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 10 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
Division One: 12pts Royal Norwich, 6 Hunstanton, Eaton, Barnham Broom, 0 Costessey Park.
Division Two: 12 Royal Cromer, 9 King's Lynn, 3 Sprowston Manor, Thetford, The Norfolk.
Division Three: 10 Ryston Park, 9 Dunston Hall, 7 Swaffham, 3 Royal Norwich II, 0 Weston Park. W/d Bawburgh.