Pentney hand Acle their first defeat
Norfolk's involvement in the Liberty Trophy meant there were no games in Division One of the Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League at the weekend.
Pentney B strengthened their position at the top of Division Two with an 88-73 win at home to previously unbeaten Acle B, their rinks skipped by Richard Joplin (26-19) and Keith Brand (22-15) sharing top rink honours.
Only five points now separate the remaining seven teams, with Browston A moving into second place after they won away at Roundwood A by 81 shots to 75, their rink skipped by D Pratt winning 23-13.
County Arts B won at home to Hunstanton by 104 shots to 73, John Watkins' rink winning 34-6, while Pinewood Park A won 110-69 at home to Lakeside B, captain Jimmy Morrison's rink winning 40-9.
Division Three has new leaders in Shotford A following their 93-74 win away at Wymondham B, Richard Brinded winning 28-14.
You may also want to watch:
Old Hall drop to second after losing 86-78 at Browston B, despite their rink skipped by S Stevenson top- scoring 28-10.
Norfolk BC B won 78-72 at Brecks A, the home rink skipped by Malcolm Struthers winning 24-14, and Acle C won 86-68 at home to Dereham A, Mick Askham's rink for Acle winning 34-10.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
In Division Five there are now three teams level at the top of the table after Dereham B won at home to Lynnsport by 87-66, Roger Lench's rink for Dereham top-scoring 23-10.
The first games in the Norfolk CIBA Top Ten League have been played and The Brecks IBC top the table at this early stage of the competition.
• Mervyn King's semi-final conqueror Robert Paxton went on to win the Scottish International Open in Perth at the weekend. After losing the first set of the final 11-2 to City of Ely's Greg Harlow, he took the second 10-2 and the tie-break 2-0 to become the first qualifier to win the WBT event.