Penalty drama as Acle hold their nerve
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Acle are through to the Mummery Cup final after beating Blofield United 4-2 on penalties.
The match itself had finished 3-3 after extra time in a topsy-turvy battle. Jamie Smith (two) and Dan Wynne were on target for Blofield whilst Tom Amis (two) and Sam Bryant got the goals for Acle.
Premier Division leaders St Andrews went to Dersingham Rovers but lost 3-0, with goals from Scott English, Christopher Maslin and Louis Gaughran. A hat-trick from Shaun Wones and another from Dan Barraclough gave Spixworth a 4-1 win over Mulbarton Wanderers. Mark Sutcliffe got the other.
Norwich CEYMS rocked Wroxham Reserves, winning 7-1, whilst two goals from Darren Terrington gave Cromer Town a 2-1 win at Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves.
Caister lost 2-1 to Harleston Town and goals from Dale Webster (two) and Ashley Dearing gave Reepham Town a 3-2 win over Long Stratton.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One leaders Waveney were not playing and Bungay Town closed the gap with a 3-1 win over North Walsham Town.
Bradenham Wanderers stayed third after a 3-0 win over Poringland Wanderers and Aylsham and Hempnall shared a 1-1 draw. A hat-trick from Liam Morriarty and two from Jody Peacher gave Wymondham Town a 5-1 win at Foulsham. Hellesdon beat Hindringham 3-0 with goals from Glen Spooner (2) and Jack Love whilst Holt United were 2-1 winners over Loddon United.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards