Paul steals show at Poplar Park
- Credit: Archant
Former Carousel chairman Paul Monks was the outstanding winner of his arena at the Finn Valley Riding Club Area 14 Horse Trials at the weekend.
The event, which was held at Poplar Park, saw Paul steal the show in the Senior 90cm class on his long formed partnership of Trigold. With a 33 dressage and only adding 1.2 time penalties to his score, they proved unbeatable.
Monks, who is also a regular 'Whipper In' for the North Norfolk Harriers, was 'delighted' with the result and is now 'keeping his fingers crossed' in the hope of securing a qualifying ticket to the BRC Horse Trial Championships being held in August at Swalcliffe Park Equestrian in Oxon.
Paul was a part of the Carousel team who came third, with fellow team-mates Caroline Casburn, Claire Louise Bond and Georgia Key.
One team from Norfolk that will be making the journey south is the Carleton Riding Club, who claimed the Senior 90cm team competition. The team was made up of Johnny and Lucie Hustler, Georgie Underdown and Olivia Futter.
Lucie Hustler was leading lady for the team, claiming a first in her arena on her successful partnership of Fairfax Jackdaw. Both Lucie and Paul now have to await the verdict form BRC as to which combination has successfully qualified for the Championships.
Georgie Underdown on her second ride, El Dorado II, also claimed the individual title in the Senior 100+ finishing on a brilliant score of 29.9.
- 1 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 2 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 3 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 4 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 5 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 6 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 7 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 8 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 9 Woman in 50s arrested after house sealed off in quiet street
- 10 Thieves run off with alcohol worth nearly £5,000 from Tesco
The Beccles and Bungay Juniors were the winners of the Junior 90cm team competition, with Charlotte Cattermole on Wise Dennis being the best of the bunch taking second individually.
St Edmunds Riding Club were the faultless champions of the Senior 80cm class, with a final score 26 points clear of their rivals in second.