Paul steals show at Poplar Park
- Credit: Archant
Former Carousel chairman Paul Monks was the outstanding winner of his arena at the Finn Valley Riding Club Area 14 Horse Trials at the weekend.
The event, which was held at Poplar Park, saw Paul steal the show in the Senior 90cm class on his long formed partnership of Trigold. With a 33 dressage and only adding 1.2 time penalties to his score, they proved unbeatable.
Monks, who is also a regular 'Whipper In' for the North Norfolk Harriers, was 'delighted' with the result and is now 'keeping his fingers crossed' in the hope of securing a qualifying ticket to the BRC Horse Trial Championships being held in August at Swalcliffe Park Equestrian in Oxon.
Paul was a part of the Carousel team who came third, with fellow team-mates Caroline Casburn, Claire Louise Bond and Georgia Key.
One team from Norfolk that will be making the journey south is the Carleton Riding Club, who claimed the Senior 90cm team competition. The team was made up of Johnny and Lucie Hustler, Georgie Underdown and Olivia Futter.
You may also want to watch:
Lucie Hustler was leading lady for the team, claiming a first in her arena on her successful partnership of Fairfax Jackdaw. Both Lucie and Paul now have to await the verdict form BRC as to which combination has successfully qualified for the Championships.
Georgie Underdown on her second ride, El Dorado II, also claimed the individual title in the Senior 100+ finishing on a brilliant score of 29.9.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 9 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
The Beccles and Bungay Juniors were the winners of the Junior 90cm team competition, with Charlotte Cattermole on Wise Dennis being the best of the bunch taking second individually.
St Edmunds Riding Club were the faultless champions of the Senior 80cm class, with a final score 26 points clear of their rivals in second.