Patchy – but something’s lurking beneath the weed
It's been patchy sport, despite some good tides, with a few more codling and some nice ones for autumn along with school bass and whiting making up the bulk of catches.
Weed spoiled some potentially good sport in the east of the region – those anglers toughing it out found some big whiting and codling to 2lb.
There were some nice flats and school bass too and odd fish were reported from Cromer, Trimingham, Mundesley and down to Bacton. In the far south there have been more codling, but not really with any consistency. However, the whiting seem to be consistent on most of the beaches from Yarmouth down to Orford. In the deep south there have been a few dogfish amongst the whiting and odd codling.
It was the Aldeburgh Blind Open match on Sunday and a tough day for those competing, Clacton raiders took the top three spots on a very tough day, but the real story was 10-year-old Morgan Adams who finished fourth of 125 anglers. Morgan had whiting and flats for her 2lb 3oz, winning her section and taking fourth overall in a very strong field.
Kayakers did better just off Corton with some nice early season codling – those extra few hundred yards certainly seeming to make the difference. There seems to have been shoals of codling sitting just off Corton for the last couple of years with them only making occasional forays into casting range, though I'm convinced that a rough up will have them in for a feed.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 5 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 6 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 7 Norfolk hotel set to launch five romantic orchard cabins next year
- 8 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
- 9 NCFC LIVE: Missed chance for City against 10-man Newcastle
- 10 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk