parkrun round-up: Thetford celebrates 300th event with record turnout
- Credit: Ann Elrick and Jean Stewart
Thetford celebrated their 300th event on Saturday and enjoyed their highest turnout so far of 321 runners.
Kevin Vaughan (Thetford AC) gained a age grade of 82.91 percent on his way to taking the first finisher's token at Thetford in 18:32.
Rui Veia set a new personal best of 19:18 in second with Daniel Routledge third in 19:41 (new PB) on his 100th parkrun.
Donna Finney was first female in 22:03 with Eike Hausler (Eastern Veterans AC) second in 22:12. Carri Vendy was third in 25:06.
You may also want to watch:
Dominic Oliver was first through the finishers' funnel at Lowestoft on Saturday, leading the 290 runners home in a time of 17:14.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 4 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 5 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
The City of Norwich athlete was 10 seconds ahead of Sam Stevens (Ipswich Harriers) with Carl Prewer (Lowestoft Road Runners) third in 18:15.
Zoe Chase (Waveney Valley AC) set a new personal best of 21:10 as first female with Tracey Prewer (Lowestoft Road Runners) second in 22:05. Katy Dickinson was third in 22:21.
Colin Oldman celebrated his 100th parkrun in a time of 19:29 whilst Jason Chong (21:53) and John Beamish (26:53) notched up their 50th events.
Dean Bain (Waveney Valley AC) equalled his personal best with an impressive time of 16:55 at Gorleston as the first runner home.
Junior runner Tyler Bilyard (Great Yarmouth & District AC) was second in 17:30 with Jim Burgess (Waveney Valley AC) third in 17:43.
Colleen Mukuya (Great Yarmouth & District AC) was first female in 17:58 with youngster Holly Bunn (Bungay Black Dog RC) second in 21:29. Junior Allyna Mukuya (Great Yarmouth & District AC) was third in 22:27.
Matt Pyatt (Renegade Runners) blitzed the field at King's Lynn as the first runner home in 16:32.
John Scoggins (City of Norwich AC) was second in 17:16 with Toby Hayton (Ryston Runners) third in 18:07.
Sally Lynn Hurst was first female in 20:21 with Emma Wood second in 20:45 (new PB). Ieva Klavina (Huntingdonshire AC) was third in 20:46.
Matthew Thrower was the first runner home at Holkham in a new personal best of 18:24.
Anthony Crude was second in 18:47 with Simon Able third in 18:58.
Debbie James was the first female in 23:44 with Victoria Ferrar second in a new personal best of 24:07. Linsey Wilcox was third in 24:12 (new PB).