parkrun round-up: Arctic conditions can’t stop Charlie Pyatt notching up 300,000th kilometre at King’s Lynn
- Credit: Andre Pittock
The Arctic conditions returned but that didn't stop runners at King's Lynn and Thetford turning up for their weekly 5k run as Mark Armstrong reports
Charlie Pyatt notched up the 300,000th kilometre at King's Lynn parkrun at the weekend.
It's six years since the King's Lynn event started and Pyatt had the honour of running the 300,000th kilometre. It capped a memorable day for the Pyatt family as Charlie's son, Matt, led the 245 hardy runners home in the freezing conditions in an impressive time of 17:16. Peter Holmes (Ely Runners) was second on 18:03 whilst Kenny Addis was third in 19:23.
Sally Lynn Hurst (Renegade Runners) was the first female home in 20:51 with Linda Marshall (CSSC Sports & Leisure) second in 23:58. Irena Marcinek was just a second further back in 23:59.
You may also want to watch:
Gavin Lane (West Norfolk AC) notched up his 50th parkrun in 23:03.
Volunteers: Jane ASHBY, Beryl BARBER, Nicholas BENSLEY, Cheryl BROWN, Ryan CLARE, Wobine DE SITTER, Debbie ELSEGOOD, Wendy FISHER, Helen FOSTER, Ben FOXWELL, Oliver FOXWELL, Sarah GAUVIN, Andrew GREEN, Katie HUNT, Nick MACKAY, Keith MORRIS, Andy MOYLE, Kerrie PAGE, Roger PARTRIDGE, Andre PITTOCK, Henry PITTOCK, Fabia POLLARD, Jennie SHINGFIELD, Elliott SOWDEN, Ian WIGGINS, Felix YOUNG
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 10 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
Kevin Vaughan led the 163 runners home at Thetford.
The Thetford AC member clocked up a time of 19:12 with Paul Dockerill (Newmarket Joggers) not far behind in 19:46. Sabine Schaefer (Thetford AC) was third overall in 20:23 and first female. Paul MacLean was third male just behind in 20:29.
Emily Hannant (Bure Valley Harriers) was second female in 23:52 with Sarah Dunsdon (Run Mummy Run) third in 25:17.
Joy Hart completed her 100th parkrun in 33:40 whilst Ben Jones and Matthew Stocks clocked up their 50th appearances in 25:33 and 29:08 respectively.
Volunteers: Sandra BOWER, Marilyn Dawn COLE, Sue COLLEDGE, Mick COLLEDGE, Becky CUZNER, John FISH, Tony FRIEND, Geoffrey HERSCHELL, Laura LAWRENCE, Kate V MEASURES, Alison MORTON, Sharon NASH, Hugo NUGENT, Melanie STURMAN, Allan TALBOT, Graham WADE