Paralympics trip enjoyed by Thorpe St Andrew Sainsbury’s staff
Seven staff members from the Thorpe St Andrew Sainsbury's supermarket enjoyed a trip to the Paralympics on Monday.
As Sainsbury's are one of the main sponsors of the Paralympics, staff from around the country were offered the opportunity to go to the Olympic Park on the same day.
The lucky ones chosen to go from the Pound Lane store were Sue Hewitt, Andy Stewardson, Sue Lynn, Dani Street, Carina Roswell, Gillian Bartram and Will Dorset.
Ms Lynn said: 'We put forward why we would like to go along to the Paralympics and were nominated via our staff council.
'We had a super day watching the women's wheelchair basketball between Germany and Mexico. We has a super time visiting other events during our day there and the atmosphere was amazing.
You may also want to watch:
'It makes me proud to be British and work for Sainsbury's.'
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer