Paralympics trip enjoyed by Thorpe St Andrew Sainsbury’s staff
Seven staff members from the Thorpe St Andrew Sainsbury's supermarket enjoyed a trip to the Paralympics on Monday.
As Sainsbury's are one of the main sponsors of the Paralympics, staff from around the country were offered the opportunity to go to the Olympic Park on the same day.
The lucky ones chosen to go from the Pound Lane store were Sue Hewitt, Andy Stewardson, Sue Lynn, Dani Street, Carina Roswell, Gillian Bartram and Will Dorset.
Ms Lynn said: 'We put forward why we would like to go along to the Paralympics and were nominated via our staff council.
'We had a super day watching the women's wheelchair basketball between Germany and Mexico. We has a super time visiting other events during our day there and the atmosphere was amazing.
You may also want to watch:
'It makes me proud to be British and work for Sainsbury's.'
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 3 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 4 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash