Palm Toft sees positives as King’s Lynn Stars bid to end poor run against Leicester
- Credit: Matthew Usher
King's Lynn will aim to end their losing run when they host basement club Leicester at the Adrian Flux Arena on Wednesday night (7.30pm).
The Stars have suffered six straight defeats but will look to get back on track at home to the Lions.
Their revamped side is at full strength – and Michael Palm Toft hopes they can now unlock their potential after taking some time to settle in as he aims to build on a solid performance against Somerset last week.
'There were positives for me in the last meeting against Somerset,' Palm Toft said.
'I managed to avoid any last places, which was a good thing, and I felt better around the track with finding the set-up.
'Everyone at this level can ride fast around this track, so you can't rely too much on overtaking and I'll hopefully be getting quicker out of the starts.
'We're taking a bit of time to get going with the new riders in the team, but hopefully we can start to do well and put a run together.'
- 1 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 6 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 7 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 8 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 9 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk
The Lions include Josh Grajczonek and Cameron Heeps to guest for injured duo Kim Nilsson and Lasse Bjerre, whilst rider replacement covers for Pawel Przedpelski.
Leicester have defied their injury crisis to put together an excellent run in recent weeks as they look to climb off the bottom of the table.
The Beaumont Park outfit are now unbeaten in three outings after a hard-fought draw at Somerset in front of the BT Sport cameras on Monday.
And boss Jim Lynch hopes they can continue their momentum with a strong showing against the struggling Stars at the Adrian Flux Arena.
Said Lynch: 'We said halfway through that we owed it to our fans at Leicester to have a better second half to the season.
'It's been a wonderful start to that second half of the season, so we're keen to keep that going as we go to King's Lynn.
'We had a win on Saturday and a draw at Somerset on Monday and we've got plenty more teams in our sights.'King's Lynn: Robert Lambert, Thomas Jorgensen, Michael Palm Toft, Kai Huckenbeck, Tomas H Jonasson, Josh Auty, Nicklas Porsing.
Leicester: Josh Grajczonek, Erik Riss, Cameron Heeps, Pawel Przedpelski R/R, Danny King, Josh Bates, Kyle Newman.