Over 800 junior players participate in Norwich Mini Rugby Festival
- Credit: Archant
More than 800 players took part in a rugby feast at Norwich Rugby Club's Mini Festival.
The event was played in a wonderful spirit as 12 clubs and 78 teams descended on Beeston Hyrne.
President of Norwich Rugby Club, Andrew Ball, said: 'It was fantastic – we seem to be increasing the numbers every year. Teams from around the area all bring in a good number of teams and it was another great day.
'The event has been going for years now and it gets bigger every year – it just continues to grow which is great for rugby.
'The mini section is very important to us as a club as it's where you get the players of tomorrow for the club.'
You may also want to watch:
Ball paid tribute to director of the mini section Lisa Snary for organising the day.
'Lisa does a fantastic job and she has got a great band of volunteers that make the event possible,' he added.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000