Over 300 runners compete in sun-soaked Broadland Half Marathon
- Credit: Danny Bond
Unattached runner Daniel Middleton produced an impressive performance to win yesterday's Broadland Half Marathon with something to spare.
He took first place in a time of one hour, 13 minutes and 19 seconds – over four minutes clear of second placed Michael Eccles of Norfolk Gazelles (1:17.20). Jeremy Rogers of Abbey Runners was third in 1:18.13.
The first woman over the line was Marie French (Ryston Runners) who completed the course in and around South Walsham in 1:24.53, a time that was good enough for 12th overall.
The route started off in South Walsham and took competitors through Ranworth, Woodbastwick and Salhouse before looping back round towards Panxworth and back through Ranworth to the finish line at South Walsham Village Hall.
The event, organised by Norwich Road runners, attracted a field of 307 in very warm conditions for the 9.30am start. For the full results, click here.Men
1 Daniel Middleton (U/A) 1:13:19, 2 Michael Eccles (Norfolk Gazelles) 1:17:20, 3 Jeremy Rogers (Abbey Runners) 1:18:13.
You may also want to watch:
Senior Men: Chris Merrylees (North Norfolk Beach Runners) 1:23:27
Men 40-44: Jamie Seamark (North Norfolk Beach Runners) 1:19:32
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 7 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 10 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
Men 45-49: Malcolm Tuff (Ryston Runners) 1:18:22
Men 50-59: Paul Muffett (North Norfolk Beach Runners) 1:21:29
Men 60+: Stephen Dady (Wymondham AC) 1:33:03
Seniors: North Norfolk Beach Runners (Chris Merrylees, Lynton Robert Battrick & Phil Quantrill)
Veterans: North Norfolk Beach Runners (Jamie Seamark, Paul Muffett & Hugh Brown)
1 Marie FRENCH (Ryston Runners) 1:24:53, 2 Lorena Latisaite (Ryston Runners) 1:34:21, 3 Rachel Gillings (Norwich Road Runners) 1:34:27
Senior Ladies: Charlotte Neale (North Norfolk Beach Runners) 1:35:20
Ladies 35-39: Lucy Partridge (Norfolk Gazelles) 1:40:31
Ladies 40-44: Joanne Cox (Bungay Black Dog AC) 1:41:47
Ladies 45-54: Lucy Campbell (North Norfolk Beach Runners) 1:46:47
Ladies 55+: Andrea Osborne (North Norfolk Beach Runners) 1:52:48
Seniors: Ryston Runners (Marie French, Lorena Latisaite & Juliette Meek)
Veterans: North Norfolk Beach Runners (Christina Walker, Emily Haughton & Lucy Campbell)