Our region in Brazil: Dave Watson boards the plane with Roy Hodgson’s England squad for Brazil campaign
- Credit: Action Images
Norwich City goalkeeping coach Dave Watson will be working alongside Ray Clemence as part England's set-up.
The former Barnsley number one was called up by England manager Roy Hodgson in time for the European Championships in 2012.
The 40-year-old worked with the England squad - including Canaries keeper, John Ruddy - throughout the qualifying campaign.
He described the call to work with England as 'a surreal moment' at the time.
'You work all your life to be the best player you can be but that was curtailed for me due to an injury.
You may also want to watch:
'I wanted to be the best coach I could be and the ultimate position is to be England's keeping coach. I didn't think I'd be on the radar but knew I was capable.
'To be part of something — pushing towards Brazil 2014 is special. Hopefully, I can keep coaching our keepers and be successful.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police