Our region in Brazil: Dave Watson boards the plane with Roy Hodgson’s England squad for Brazil campaign
- Credit: Action Images
Norwich City goalkeeping coach Dave Watson will be working alongside Ray Clemence as part England's set-up.
The former Barnsley number one was called up by England manager Roy Hodgson in time for the European Championships in 2012.
The 40-year-old worked with the England squad - including Canaries keeper, John Ruddy - throughout the qualifying campaign.
He described the call to work with England as 'a surreal moment' at the time.
'You work all your life to be the best player you can be but that was curtailed for me due to an injury.
You may also want to watch:
'I wanted to be the best coach I could be and the ultimate position is to be England's keeping coach. I didn't think I'd be on the radar but knew I was capable.
'To be part of something — pushing towards Brazil 2014 is special. Hopefully, I can keep coaching our keepers and be successful.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town