Our region in Brazil: Claire goes from King’s Lynn to Rio for World Cup volunteering role
- Credit: Archant
EDP reader Claire Jermany, from King's Lynn, will be soaking up the samba atmosphere as she volunteers at seven games, including the final.
The 23-year-old is stopping off in Brazil for a month as she travels round the world, having already been to Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Bolivia and Argentina.
Her stay in Rio comes after she was picked as a Spectator Services Volunteer by FIFA in February after applying two years ago.
'The role involves helping spectators in the stadiums. I'm working at seven games in Rio, which includes the final,' she said.
'I am extremely excited to be involved with the World Cup, especially attending the final. I thought I had no chance of being selected.'
You may also want to watch:
The only down side for Claire is that she will be missing two games in Fortaleza and Brasilia that she already has tickets for.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
- 10 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club