Our region in Brazil: Claire goes from King’s Lynn to Rio for World Cup volunteering role
- Credit: Archant
EDP reader Claire Jermany, from King's Lynn, will be soaking up the samba atmosphere as she volunteers at seven games, including the final.
The 23-year-old is stopping off in Brazil for a month as she travels round the world, having already been to Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Bolivia and Argentina.
Her stay in Rio comes after she was picked as a Spectator Services Volunteer by FIFA in February after applying two years ago.
'The role involves helping spectators in the stadiums. I'm working at seven games in Rio, which includes the final,' she said.
'I am extremely excited to be involved with the World Cup, especially attending the final. I thought I had no chance of being selected.'
You may also want to watch:
The only down side for Claire is that she will be missing two games in Fortaleza and Brasilia that she already has tickets for.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 8 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge