Olympian swimmer inspires school of Southrepps students
- Credit: Antingham and Southrepps Primary School
Olympic star Amy Smith made a splash when she visited children at Antingham and Southrepps Primary School.
The Team GB swimmer had children and staff alike diving into a series of fitness activities.
In a round of fitness circuits, pupils trained like the pros as they did a minute of star jumps and press ups each.
As a cool-down after their hard work, Amy gave an awe-inspiring assembly recounting how she came to win her silver Common Wealth medals and her gold European Championships medals, after being scared of swimming when she began at 7 years old.
She also shared her memories of the London 2012 Olympics, prompting a flurry of questions from children at the school.
You may also want to watch:
Head of School Emma Harding, said: 'Amy truly has inspired and motivated everyone to believe that we can achieve anything if we work hard at it!'
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 3 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 4 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 5 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 6 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 7 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Norwich hospital to stop inpatient visits after rising Covid cases
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns