Olly Stone and Tymal Mills chosen for England fast bowling camp in South Africa
- Credit: Archant
Two local cricketers have been chosen to take part in a specialist England Performance Programme (EPP) fast bowling camp in South Africa.
Olly Stone, a former Thorpe St Andrew School pupil, and Tymal Mills, who was brought up in Brandon, are part of the six-man squad which will be based in Potchefstroom between November 11-23. An EPP batting and spin bowling camp is also being held in Dubai between November 11 and December 1, with the fast bowlers joining that group for the final week.
An England Lions series against Pakistan A, of five Twenty20 matches, then follows in Dubai with both Stone and Mills involved.
Stone, 21, plays for Northamptonshire but still occasionally turns out for Vauxhall Mallards when he can and Mills, 23, plays for Sussex although is only concentrating on the shorter formats of the game due to a congenital back condition.
Both have previously been involved in the England youth system and will be coached by EPP lead fast bowling coach Kevin Shine, with England's former Ashes winning coach Andy Flower leading the EPP winter programme.
National selector James Whitaker said: 'Congratulations to all of the players selected for the England Performance Programme and England Lions this winter.
You may also want to watch:
'It is hugely important that we have a reserve of players who are ready to perform on the international stage when they get the opportunity and the EPP and the England Lions play a vital role in identifying and developing the next generation of England cricketers.
'With the 2016 ICC World Twenty20 in India just six months away, the five-match T20 series for the Lions against Pakistan A will form a particularly important part of our preparations for the tournament, ensuring that we can draw on a wider group of players who have recent experience of playing T20 cricket in sub-continental conditions.'
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
England Lions will return to Dubai to play a five-match one-day series against Pakistan A in January 2016.
Fast bowlers camp in Potchefstroom, South Africa, November 11-23, followed by Dubai November 24 to December 1: Jake Ball (Nottinghamshire), Craig Miles (Gloucestershire), Tymal Mills (Sussex), Craig Overton (Somerset), Jamie Overton (Somerset), Olly Stone (Northamptonshire)