Olly Stone aims to take next step with Warwickshire
- Credit: Northamptonshire CCC
Norfolk's Olly Stone has signed a three-year deal with Warwickshire.
The 22-year-old from Norwich, who is currently recovering from a knee injury, will make the switch from Northamptonshire to Edgbaston at the end of the current campaign.
Stone said: 'I am very excited and honoured to be joining Warwickshire. I had a few other options but after meeting the coaching staff, the captain and seeing the world-class facilities at Edgbaston the choice was simple for me. I have a burning ambition to play at the highest level and win trophies. I feel Warwickshire is the best place for me as their ambitions match mine. It's going to be a huge challenge and I can't wait to start.'
Stone damaged his anterior cruciate ligament while celebrating a wicket against Worcestershire in June and, with a lengthy rehabilitation expected, may now have played his last game for Northants.
A member of the England Performance Programme fast bowling camp in South Africa last winter, Stone has taken 72 first-class wickets at an average of 30.69 and Warwickshire fought off the advances of eight other counties to land his signature.
You may also want to watch:
Warwickshire director of cricket Dougie Brown said: 'Olly is a very exciting cricketer who has bowled some superb, hostile spells and has quickly established himself as one of the best young bowlers in the domestic game.
'We knew that there were a number of counties in for Olly and we are delighted that he has chosen to join Warwickshire to continue his development in the game.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 6 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 7 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 8 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 9 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 10 Dad who threw daughter into cot cleared of murder
'He has a very big future ahead of him and we look forward to welcoming him in to the squad when pre-season training begins in November ahead of the 2017 season.'