Old Streetonians 13, Lowestoft and Yarmouth 19
Despite the absence of three influential players, Lowestoft and Yarmouth rallied to subdue a team desperate to drag themselves away the relegation zone of London 2NE.
Without captain Marc Thomas, coach Scott Nelson stepped in at No 8 while 17-year-old Tom Port backed up some fine recent second XV performances with a sound debut in the second row alongside Ryan Oakes. Wayne Beer had only his second first team game on the wing while the absence of Myles McAlone meant a new centre partnership of Zak Baxter and Brad Sutherland.
After a bright start the hosts capitalised on the wind advantage to score an unconverted try, quickly followed by a penalty.
After some encouraging words at half-time L&Y came out firing. Dave Tiueti made a fine break on halfway which was taken on by Nelson and Sutherland, whose pass was tapped down for Russ Chapman to scoop up and score on the left. His successful conversion was quickly followed by a carbon copy of OS's earlier score but this time L&Y's skipper Chris Howe got the touchdown.
OS then created a well worked try for their left winger that took them a point ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Tiueti showed his class to score a superb 60 metre solo try when he cut back off a Nelson pass, twisted out of a couple of tackles and put his foot on the gas for what proved to be the winning score.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street