Old Streetonians 13, Lowestoft and Yarmouth 19
Despite the absence of three influential players, Lowestoft and Yarmouth rallied to subdue a team desperate to drag themselves away the relegation zone of London 2NE.
Without captain Marc Thomas, coach Scott Nelson stepped in at No 8 while 17-year-old Tom Port backed up some fine recent second XV performances with a sound debut in the second row alongside Ryan Oakes. Wayne Beer had only his second first team game on the wing while the absence of Myles McAlone meant a new centre partnership of Zak Baxter and Brad Sutherland.
After a bright start the hosts capitalised on the wind advantage to score an unconverted try, quickly followed by a penalty.
After some encouraging words at half-time L&Y came out firing. Dave Tiueti made a fine break on halfway which was taken on by Nelson and Sutherland, whose pass was tapped down for Russ Chapman to scoop up and score on the left. His successful conversion was quickly followed by a carbon copy of OS's earlier score but this time L&Y's skipper Chris Howe got the touchdown.
OS then created a well worked try for their left winger that took them a point ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Tiueti showed his class to score a superb 60 metre solo try when he cut back off a Nelson pass, twisted out of a couple of tackles and put his foot on the gas for what proved to be the winning score.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer