Old rivals face cup showdown
Norfolk's two leading clubs will once again battle it out for honours in the final of the NDI Insurance NACO Invitation Cup at Swardeston on Sunday (noon).
Hosts Swardeston will face Vauxhall Mallards in a repeat of the 2010 final, which Mallards won by six wickets.
So far this season it is one apiece for the old rivals in terms of major cup competitions. Swardeston beat Horsford to win the Norfolk Twenty20 Cup, but lost out in the semi-finals of the Carter Cup to Mallards, who went on to win the final, also against Horsford.
Mallards reached the NACO final by once again dispatching Horsford, while Swardeston defeated Great Witchingham in their semi-final.
It is the 50-over competition's third year, with Norwich having won the inaugural final in 2009.
You may also want to watch:
There is further cup final action on Sunday, at Manor Park, Horsford, in the Junior Carter Cup (1pm).
This year's final is a south Norfolk deby between Diss Mafia and Garboldisham Foxes.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 4 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Dog dies and another missing after getting lost in snow
- 10 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
Diss won the competition in its inaugural season, in 2005.