Old rivals face cup showdown
Norfolk's two leading clubs will once again battle it out for honours in the final of the NDI Insurance NACO Invitation Cup at Swardeston on Sunday (noon).
Hosts Swardeston will face Vauxhall Mallards in a repeat of the 2010 final, which Mallards won by six wickets.
So far this season it is one apiece for the old rivals in terms of major cup competitions. Swardeston beat Horsford to win the Norfolk Twenty20 Cup, but lost out in the semi-finals of the Carter Cup to Mallards, who went on to win the final, also against Horsford.
Mallards reached the NACO final by once again dispatching Horsford, while Swardeston defeated Great Witchingham in their semi-final.
It is the 50-over competition's third year, with Norwich having won the inaugural final in 2009.
There is further cup final action on Sunday, at Manor Park, Horsford, in the Junior Carter Cup (1pm).
This year's final is a south Norfolk deby between Diss Mafia and Garboldisham Foxes.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 8 Three cars crash near Swainsthorpe on Norwich Road
- 9 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
- 10 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
Diss won the competition in its inaugural season, in 2005.