Old Hall bounce back to form with victory over Wymondham to go top
- Credit: Archant
Old Hall bounced back from their opening game defeat in the Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League to win away at Wymondham B.
Old Hall emerged victorious by 91 shots to 64 to go top of the Division Three League Table at this early stage of the season, Dean Shingfield's rink top scoring 28-11.
Acle C won away at Dereham A by 95 shots to 53, Gordon Ives rink winning 26-8, and Norfolk BC B won at home to County Arts B by 108 shots to 70, John Slaughter's rink winning 37-15.
In Division Four Gallow B won away at Pentney B by 109 shots to 67, joint top rinks were those skipped by Dennis Rowell (28-15) and Stan Sole (31-18) for the away team.
Browston B won at home to Lynnsport B by 101 shots to 80, Michael Howell's rink winning 30-14 and Diss B won away at Woodlands B by 80 shots to 75, Mike Capon's rink winning 26-15.
You may also want to watch:
County Arts C opened up their campaign in Division Five with a win at home to Norfolk BC C by 101 shots to 77, Pat Cover's rink top scoring 35-15. Dereham B won away at The Brecks by 82 shots to 73, Dave Mitchell's rink winning 27-16, and Shotford B won at home to Roundwood B by 78 shots to 74, Gerald Forster's rink winning 32-9.
In the first round of this year's Denny Cup Lynnsport beat Wymondham Dell 94-64, Norfolk BC beat Pentney 104-62, Gallow beat Roundwood 87-73, Woodlands beat North Walsham 92-60, Acle beat Lowestoft Rail 114-31 and County Arts beat Beccles 97-74.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
In the second round to be played on Saturday, November 4, Lynnsport will play Norfolk BC, Gallow will play Woodlands, Acle will play County Arts and Shotford will play Browston Hall.
The first round of the Denny Plate will also be played on Saturday, November 4 and Wymondham Dell will play Pentney, Roundwood will play North Walsham and Lowestoft Rail will play Beccles.
In the latest matches in the Norfolk CIBA Top Ten League, Browston Hall beat Pentney 96-56 and Woodlands beat Acle 80-75.