Old Colfeians 13, Diss 5
Diss travelled south of the Thames to face a strong icy wind that also added rain from the kick-off until the final whistle.
Playing into the wind in the first half, Diss played well in defence and kept Old Colfs away from their line. However, an off-side decision in front of the posts gave the home side a three point lead. The score stayed that way until half-time with Diss having a greater share of the possession and territory, but giving the ball away too often through handling errors in the adverse conditions.
The second half brought the elements into Diss' favour, but a missed penalty in front of the posts left the score at 3-0 for a quarter of an hour.
During that time Diss remained camped in the opposition 22, and an Old Colfeian supporter predicted that the visitors would win 5-3.
But at this point play switched to the other end and the home side played as a team for a purple patch 10 minutes, resulting in a penalty try and a penalty to take the score to 13-0.
You may also want to watch:
Without a kicker, Diss required three tries to win – but it was not until the last few minutes that they played with their earlier determination.
On the final whistle Diss were awarded a penalty try which went unconverted, to lose a valuable league point.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police