Old Buckenham is ready to host annual cycle festival
- Credit: Archant
Cycling is set to return to Old Buckenham as the village plans to host its second annual cycling festival.
The two-day event follows on from last year's inaugural festival, which coincided with the Tour of Britain cycle race which passed through the village.
Stephen Rumbelow, who is helping to publicise the festival, said this year's event should be 'bigger and better' with something to offer for everyone.
He said: 'Last year the festival went really well and about 3,000 people attended, so we were keen to do it again.
'There's a really high level of enthusiasm for cycling in Old Buckenham and we are really looking forward to it.'
You may also want to watch:
The festival will open on Saturday, September 3, and will feature closed-circuit 'crit' racing around the village green, and will form part of the Eastern Road Race League Criterium Championships.
Sunday, September 4 will have a vintage theme and the main event will be 50-mile and 25-mile cycling courses around the countryside.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 6 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
Participants will be encouraged to dress up in vintage clothes and ride vintage bikes for the event, which is part of a Ford Anglia Series.
Mr Rumbelow said: 'We'll also try to have some more things going on that reflect the vintage theme, for example Morris dancers and so on.'
The festival will also feature live music, arts and craft stalls, food stands, fun fair rides and a beer festival.
For more information visit obcycling.org
Have you got an Old Buckenham story? Email reporter Stuart Anderson at email@example.com or call him on 07584 311481.