Old Buckenham flattened by Fakenham in Carter Cup
Old Buckenham crumbled to a 172-run defeat in Sunday's rearranged Carter Cup first round clash at Norfolk Alliance Premier Division rivals Fakenham.
A day after pushing Fakenham all the way in an agonising one-wicket league defeat, Bucks were unable to maintain their level of performance as they capitulated to 57 all out in response to Fakenham's 229 for six.
Luke Findlay (82) was the Fakenham top scorer and Sean Cooper did the damage with the ball, taking five for 20, while Matthew Burton claimed three for 14.
Swaffham cruised into the second round with a 109-run victory at Hardingham.
Wayne Hardy fired 59 in Swaffham's total of 245 for nine, while Toby Fletcher and Jeff Turner claimed three wickets each.
You may also want to watch:
Hardingham opener Brendan Scott hit 59, but had little support from his team-mates as the hosts were bowled out for 136 in the 51st over. Matthew Smith was Swaffham's leading bowler with figures of four for nine from 8.3 overs.
Diss eased to a six wicket win at Bungay after restricting the hosts to 160 for six.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
Ashmanhaugh & Barton Wanderers were also six-wicket winners at home to Beccles after successfully chasing down the visitors' 171 all out.
Bradenham were unable to field a side for their tie at home to Sprowston and as a result they have been withdrawn from the Lady Mary Trophy.
Revised Carter Cup second round draw: Downham Market v Swardeston, Garboldisham v Swaffham, Hethersett & Tas Valley v Great Witchingham, Horsford v Sprowston, Mattishall v Ashmanhaugh & Barton Wanderers, North Runcton v Fakenham, Norwich v Acle, Vauxhall Mallards v Diss.
Lady Mary Trophy first round draw: Beccles v Martham, Dereham v Mundford, Old Buckenham v Hardingham, Bungay – bye. All ties to be played on Sunday, June 3.