NWGFL round-up: Luci Middleton hits double hat-trick in North Walsham’s rout against Long Stratton Ladies
- Credit: Archant
North Walsham lead the way in Division One of the Norfolk Women's and Girls' League after a 12-0 win over Long Stratton Ladies.
Luci Middleton hit a double hat-trick in the victory whilst Lauren Yarham and Rachel Bussey also bagged braces. Robyn Johnston and Sian Wagner also got on the scoresheet for the Angels.
Gorleston Ladies enjoyed another 3-3 draw as they claimed a point at Sprowston Ladies. Paige Barnard, Victoria Leyer and Rebecca Russell were on target for Sprowston, who went into a 3-0 lead but the Greens fought back to claim a share of the spoils thanks to goals from Molly Sims and substitute Samantha Hunn (two).
Stalham Ladies claimed their first victory over the season after a thrilling 6-5 win over Fakenham Town Ladies, who saw Sam King claim a hat-trick for the Ghosts.
Bungay Town were in FA Women's Cup action but they bowed out of the competition at the second qualifying round stage after a 3-2 defeat at Harlow Town Ladies despite a double by Emily Leach.
Beccles Town Ladies made it two wins out of two in the Second Division after a comprehensive 11-3 win over Costessey Sports Ladies.
Costessey took the lead against the run of play, with Beccles then taking control of the game and going 2-1 up with Jordan Duke getting both goals. The visitors then equalized only for Beccles to regain the lead though Chelsea Caplin, and then add two more through Grace Storey and Duke completing her hat-trick. Costessey pulled one back just before the break.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 7 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 8 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 9 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 10 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
The second half was all Beccles and they added to their tally without reply thanks to goals from Lucy Robbens, Caplin Storey and Duke added two more. However, the biggest cheer of the match was when Molly Greig slotted home from the penalty spot.
FC Sprowston hammered Toftwood 10-0 thanks to goals from Laura Jenkins (two), Nicole Read, Rebecca Kirby, Lois Irving, Katie Fray and Keri Boorman.
In the seven-a-side league Morley Ladies started with a 12-0 win over Red Rose Ladies. Eleanor Smith (five), Gemma Newell (four), Hannah Mead, Holly Smith, Rebecca Humphreys and Kristy Harris getting the goals.
Hellesdon Belles saw off Scole United Ladies 3-2 as Helen Finn (two) and Alison Heasman got the goals. Cara Fensome (two) was on target for Scole.
Goals from Sophie Lubbock and Emma Talmadge snared all three points for Briston ladies at Harleston Town, whose goal came through Stephanie Powell.