NWGFL round-up: Sprowston Ladies claim crucial win in race for title over Bungay Town Ladies
- Credit: Archant
Sprowston Ladies struck a crucial blow in the race for the Norfolk Women's and Girls' Football League Division One title with a 2-0 win at home against Bungay Town Ladies.
Sprowston are six points clear after this top-of-the-table clash as goals from Abbigail Tate and Calista Tink defeated their closest rivals.
Bungay's miserable day was completed when it was confirmed that Beth Clarke had suffered a broken wrist in trying to prevent the first goal whilst in the second half Abbie Everson suffered damage to her knee ligaments.
The result is a blow to Bungay although they are certainly not out of the title reckoning yet as before Saturday's game they romped to an 8-0 win over Fakenham courtesy of goals from Nicola Hazell, Emily Leach, Selina Rowland, Samantha Walker (hat-trick), and Arianna-Louise Lloyd.
If they can win their remaining four games then they could still take the championship thanks to a better goal difference than Sprowston Ladies.
You may also want to watch:
Thorpe United Ladies also cannot be discounted in third place although they were held to a 2-2 draw at North Walsham Ladies.
Laura Hedtke and Shanice Sutton got the goals for United whilst Maryanne Hoy and Sian Wager netted for the Angels.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 6 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 7 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 8 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
Nicole Sheldrake got the only goal of the game as Gorleston Ladies claimed all three points against Wymondham Town Ladies Reserves.
Four goals from Sam King helped Fakenham Town to their second win of the season over Long Stratton Ladies whilst Sian Sands was also on target.
In Division Two Bure Valley Wildcats Ladies beat Tavern Ladies 2-0 courtesy of goals from Kiera Brown and Carrie Last.
FC Sprowston could effectively wrap up the Division Two title this weekend when they travel to Gorleston Rangers.
Victory would all but give them the title with Beccles Town Ladies having a much inferior goal difference. Beccles will be looking to take advantage of any slip ups though when they entertain Bure Valley Wildcats Ladies.
In the Under-12s Girls Division North Walsham eased to a 9-0 win over Horsford Hurricanes thanks to goals from Alisha (4), Chloe (2) and Isla (2).