NWGFL round-up: FC Sprowston through to cup final after victory over Stalham Town Ladies
- Credit: Archant
FC Sprowston are through to the Norfolk Women's & Girls' Football League Cup final thanks to a 2-1 win over Stalham Town Ladies.
Rebecca Kirby and Nicole Read got the goals for FC Sprowston to secure their place in the final where they will meet the winners of the other tie between Thorpe United Ladies and Bungay Town Ladies to be played this weekend.
In the Plate competition Sprowston Ladies are through to the semi-final after a 6-0 win over Beccles Town Ladies.
Sprowston, who are flying high at the top of Division One, ran out easy winners thanks to goals from Rebecca Russell (2), Chelsea Pettifer, Victoria Leyer, Georgia Cushion and Chelsea Brister.
Wymondham Town Ladies Reserves are also through to the last four after a home walkover against Gorleston Rangers Ladies.
You may also want to watch:
There was one league game as Thorpe United beat Gorleston Ladies 5-2 to move within two points of second place with a game in hand.
Shanice Sutton got a hat-trick for Thorpe whilst Leonie Daulby bagged a brace. Sophie Gillett and Nicole Sheldrake got the goals for Gorleston.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 9 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk