NWGFL round-up: Stalham Town in seventh heaven after victory over Long Stratton
- Credit: Archant
With the top two out of action in Division One of the Norfolk Women's and Girls League Stalham Town Ladies took the chance to move level on points with North Walsham Ladies and Sprowston Ladies.
Stalham swept to a 7-1 win over Long Stratton Ladies to move up to third in the table on seven points, behind the top pair on goal difference.
Millie Cursons led the way for Stalham with a hat-trick whilst Katie Clarke and Sophie Burr-Walpole were also on the scoresheet. Leonie Daulby got the consolation for Long Stratton.
Wymondham Town Ladies are in fourth after their comprehensive 5-1 win over Bungay Town Ladies, whose goal came through Nicola Hazell.
Thorpe United enjoyed their second win of the season with a 5-2 win at Gorleston Ladies. Rebekah Lake (two), Charlotte Groves, Alice Ford and Sharnie Boast got the goals for United whilst Samantha Hunn and Beth Turner were on target for the Greens, who slipped to their first defeat of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Sam King grabbed five goals in Fakenham Town Ladies 8-0 win at Aylsham Ladies. Rochelle Woods also bagged a brace whilst Sian Sands also hit the back of the net.
FC Sprowston maintained their perfect start to the season with a 6-1 win at Bure Valley Wildcats Ladies. Sprowston made it three wins out of three thanks to goals from Tammy Graves (four), Lois Irving and Nicole Read.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Beccles Town Ladies are in second after a 3-1 win at home against Freethorpe Ladies thanks to goals from Lucy Robbens, Millie Fisher and Grace Storey. Amy Morris got Freethorpe's goal.
Tavern Ladies and Kirkley & Pakefield Ladies fought out a 1-1 draw at Scarning Playing Field. Rianna Stott scored for Tavern whilst Paige Baker replied for the Royals.
The the seven-a-side division sees Briston Wanderers Ladies lead the way with nine points from nine but only after a goal frenzy in their match at Morley Ladies. Wanderers prevailed 10-8 to stay top of the table ahead of Costessey Sports Ladies, who have played a game less.
Costessey kept up the pressure with a 5-0 win at Hellesdon Belles whilst Scole United Ladies beat Red Rose Ladies 3-0 at Cawston Primary School – Cara Fensome hit all three goals for Scole.