NR F1 Podcast: Watch Norfolk’s own take in Lewis Hamilton’s 2017 British Grand Prix victory
- Credit: Archant
The NR F1 Podcast – recorded in the county that gave the world Team Lotus, Martin Brundle and a training ground to the likes of Ayrton Senna and Mark Webber – went to Silverstone to take in race day at the British Grand Prix, and had the time of their lives.
Not only did they pick the best place to watch the action, as just about every F1 overtake took place in front of them – at the end of the Hangar Straight DRS zone.
Not only did they get on to the start-finish straight to help Lewis Hamilton celebrate his fourth-successive home victory and the fifth of his career – equalling Alain Prost and Jim Clark.
Not only did they get to watch Valtteri Bottas carve through the Formula 1 field to claim a superb Mercedes one-two, and compare the noises of F1 and F1.
They even got to record a podcast, while standing on the circuit.
The NR F1 Podcast gets together in Norwich to send Norfolk's views on the latest F1 action out across the world.
From Team Lotus to Snetterton, Martin Brundle to the racing development of Ayrton Senna, Mark Webber, Johnny Herbert and more, Norfolk knows Formula 1 – and wants to discuss it with you.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 7 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 8 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 9 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 10 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
The pod's recent activity also includes their review of the latest F1 news, interviewing Norwich City sporting director and F1 fan Stuart Webber, plus their forthcoming predictions of what might happen at Silverstone.