NR F1 Podcast: Watch Norfolk’s own take in Lewis Hamilton’s 2017 British Grand Prix victory
- Credit: Archant
The NR F1 Podcast – recorded in the county that gave the world Team Lotus, Martin Brundle and a training ground to the likes of Ayrton Senna and Mark Webber – went to Silverstone to take in race day at the British Grand Prix, and had the time of their lives.
Not only did they pick the best place to watch the action, as just about every F1 overtake took place in front of them – at the end of the Hangar Straight DRS zone.
Not only did they get on to the start-finish straight to help Lewis Hamilton celebrate his fourth-successive home victory and the fifth of his career – equalling Alain Prost and Jim Clark.
Not only did they get to watch Valtteri Bottas carve through the Formula 1 field to claim a superb Mercedes one-two, and compare the noises of F1 and F1.
They even got to record a podcast, while standing on the circuit.
You may also want to watch:
The NR F1 Podcast gets together in Norwich to send Norfolk's views on the latest F1 action out across the world.
From Team Lotus to Snetterton, Martin Brundle to the racing development of Ayrton Senna, Mark Webber, Johnny Herbert and more, Norfolk knows Formula 1 – and wants to discuss it with you.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 7 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
The pod's recent activity also includes their review of the latest F1 news, interviewing Norwich City sporting director and F1 fan Stuart Webber, plus their forthcoming predictions of what might happen at Silverstone.