Norwich windsurfer Nick Dempsey’s silver medal win celebrated in lights at Holiday Inn
Norwich windsurfer Nick Dempsey's silver medal-winning performance has been recognised in lights.
A giant 50 foot image of the city sailor was first projected onto the front of Holiday Inn Norwich City in Carrow Road last night and will be there again tonight and tomorrow.
The projection celebrates the achievements of the Mulbarton sailor who won silver in the RS-X competition at Weymouth - bettering the bronze won in Athens eight years ago.
Bill Heath, general manager at Holiday Norwich City, said: 'We're delighted to celebrate Nick's achievements at the Olympic Games. It is a way of recognising the hard work and dedication British athletes have put in to reach the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.'
The projection will be seen again tonight from 8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Holiday Inn is the Official Hotel Services Provider to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. The company is celebrating the achievements of athletes that starred in its recent Stay You advertising campaign by projecting their images onto Holiday Inn hotels in the towns and cities they were born in.
Along with Dempsey, BMX star Shanaze Reade's image will be broadcast onto Holiday Inn Express Crewe and Paralympic table tennis player Will Bayley will be projected onto Holiday Inn Sheffield.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 6 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 7 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 8 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 9 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 10 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall